The days are getting longer and the weather is getting warmer, which can only mean one thing: it’s time to start spring cleaning! One of the tasks on your list should be cleaning and maintaining your deck. A deck is a great addition to any home, but it takes regular upkeep to keep it looking its best. Find out how to spring clean your deck with the simple steps below.
How To Spring Clean Your Deck
- Remove any debris, furniture, grills, or plants so you have full access to your deck.
- Use a brush or broom to remove any excess dirt or buildup before pressure washing the deck.
- Once the deck is clean, inspect it for any damage like cracked or rotting boards.
- If you find any damaged areas, make sure to repair them or call a deck contractor to take a look.
- Once the deck is clean and any repairs have been made, let your deck completely dry before staining it.
- When staining your deck, make sure to stain the deck boards, railings, and stairs.
- Let the stain dry based on the manufacturer’s directions.
- Replace all your furniture, plants, and grill. Enjoy your beautifully maintained deck!
As always, if you need any help with cleaning, staining, or deck maintenance, give us a call at 615-212-8857! We would be happy to help you get your deck ready for the spring and summer months.